As you know, the Department of Education released new Title IX regulations in May. Since then, our Vector Solutions Content Team has been working diligently to address these new regulations within our training courses.
We have assembled a Title IX Expert Author Team to assist us. In partnership with these experts, we are taking a measured, methodical approach to ensure the accuracy of our training program. The list of experts include:
Our Title IX Expert Author Team
Alison Kiss Dougherty
Associate Vice President of Human Resources And Title IX Coordinator at Widener University
- Alison is a nationally recognized subject-matter expert in Title IX and the Clery Act. Her work has focused on training, planning, and organizational development for colleges, universities, and schools.
- She was selected to serve on the United States Department of Education’s Negotiated Rule-making to assist in drafting the regulations for the Violence Against Women Act amendments to the Clery Act.
- Prior to her work at Widener, Alison served as Executive Director of the national non-profit Clery Center; Director of Drug, Alcohol and Wellness Counseling for faculty, students, and staff at Saint Joseph’s University; and Director of Outreach and Education for the Domestic Abuse Project.
Principal, Title IX Consulting LLC
- Consultant to nationally recognized NYC law firm for Higher Education Title IX compliance and civil rights matters. And, Analyst of Title IX federal regulations for higher education institutional policies and procedures.
- Title IX Advisor for more than 6 years representing over 200 students and faculty during investigations, hearings and appeals. She regularly develops individualized strategies for students and faculty to counter alleged policy violations in the context of a clear understanding of each college’s specific procedures.
- Marybeth’s experience in education includes administrator of international internships at a selective liberal arts college and curriculum coordinator for Board of Education district accreditations.
Megan C. Farrell
Title IX and Civil Rights Officer and Title IX Consultant
- Megan is an advisor and consultant to educational institutions clients with a focus on Title IX compliance. Megan’s approach focuses on providing practical, reasoned advice to colleges, universities and K12 schools who are implementing change and bringing her legal, business, and education expertise to unique challenges.
- Megan’s background includes working as Title IX Coordinator at Palo Alto School District and Notre Dame of Maryland University. She has also served as in-house counsel, faculty member, and graduate program director. Aside from these in-house positions, Megan also has provided risk and litigation management counseling to institutions, developed internal policies and procedures for education clients, and designed customized training programs for educational institutions across the country.
- Megan holds a Bachelors of Arts degree from Loyola University, a Juris Doctor from Widener University, and a Masters of Business degree from University of Maryland. Megan holds a Certificates in Bias and Diversity from Cornell University and Mentor Coaching from the Coach Training Alliance, an International Coach Federation (IFC) program.
Vice President, Association Management at TNG Consulting
- Former Senior Associate Executive Director for ATIXA, and the former Executive Director of the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators (SCOPE).
- Michelle spent five years as Assistant Director of the Women’s Center at Lehigh University. She coordinated sexual violence prevention and response, including annual and ongoing trainings and programming for faculty, staff, and students.
- Michelle has served as co-chair of the National Women’s Studies Association’s Women’s Centers Committee, as a member of the Clery Center for Security on Campus Advisory Board, and as part of the Futures Without Violence Campus Policy Advisory Board.
Preview Our Title IX Programs
We have a variety of Title IX-related courses available for employees and students to better understand Title IX, federal and state laws, rights and responsibilities, and more. In addition, you can easily customize our courses to include your institutional policies and procedures.