Be Prepared, Use the SafeColleges Summer Safety Checklist!
Will most of your school buildings be empty this summer? If so, it's a great time for your custodial and maintenance staff to prepare your campus for the new school year.
Here are a few items you may want to include on your summer safety checklist:
- Perform a tactical site survey.
- Review your Emergency Response Plan and building lock down procedures.
- Take an inventory of hazardous substances and update your Safety Data Sheets.
- Check all locks on doors and windows.
- Ensure that smoke alarms and systems are working properly.
- Check to make sure all emergency exits are clearly marked and functional.
- Check the functionality of HVAC systems.
- Check to make sure walkways and entrances are passable.
- Make sure your Integrated Pest Management plan is being implemented properly.
- Review and update your Asbestos Awareness plan.
Summer can also be a great time for custodial and maintenance staff to complete safety training. The SafeColleges Online Training System offers a suite of Environmental courses and many of those are job-specific or offered in Spanish. Plus, most courses are 20 minutes or less which makes it convenient for your team.
We can have your customized SafeColleges Training system set up in less than 48 hours, which means you can start assigning training to your employees and students almost immediately!
Employees and students can complete their SafeColleges Training assignments from any computer with an Internet connection - from work or from home, on a schedule that's most convenient for them.
Did you know we also have an online GHS-compliant SDS & Chemical Management System? SafeColleges SDS allows users to easily organize, update, and store chemical lists and SDSs into virtual binders. Print out these binders as well as secondary container labels and location fliers that include important hazard warnings specific to the contents.
For an overview of our SDS system, please click here.
To get started with SafeColleges today, call us at 1-800-434-0154 email email@example.com. We hope you have a great summer!