Notice: Trying to get property 'term_id' of non-object in /nas/content/live/vectorsoledu/wp-content/plugins/wp-seopress-pro/inc/functions/options-breadcrumbs.php on line 281
July 2016 Newsletter
This Month's Topics
We recently published this new SafeColleges Training course:
Call 1-800-434-0154 for a free trial account today!
Is your college or university a member of CUPA-HR? If so, SafeColleges is offering a special discount to members.
Call us today at 1-800-434-0154 for more information.
Still Need a Safety and Compliance Training System for the New School Year?
Summer can be a stressful time trying to figure out how to get your staff's mandatory safety and compliance training set up and completed by the new school year.
Did you know that your custom SafeColleges Training System can be set up in just a matter of hours? After we load your employee data, you can start assigning training right away. It's just that easy!
- Every course is 100% campus-focused and written by a leading safety expert.
- You can use our wide variety of courses, or easily create your own custom courses in our system.
- Add your college or university policies, too.
- Your staff receive automatic email notifications and reminders of assignments. You can set the frequency!
- Completions are tracked in real-time and administrative reports are delivered right to your inbox.
Discover why our customers save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year by reducing injuries and in-service training time.
To have your SafeColleges Online Training System set up in time for back-to-school, please call us at 1-800-434-0154 or email email@example.com today!
2016 Campus Safety Handbook
At the end of June, the U.S. Department of Education released the 2016 Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting. This third edition includes content on:
- Overview of security reporting and campus safety.
- Geography (on-campus, non-campus, public).
- Crime statistics and classifying and counting Clery Act violations.
- Collecting statistics from law enforcement agencies.
- Daily crime logs.
- Emergency notification warnings.
- Campus security policies.
- Dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking policies, procedures, and programs.
- The Annual Security Report.
- Missing students.
- The Annual Fire Safety Report, fire safety disclosures, fire logs, and fire statistics.
To help colleges with training their staff and students on important topics like VAWA and the Clery Act, the SafeColleges Online Training System offers an online solution for safety and compliance training. Assign our 100% college-focused, multimedia-rich courses, or quickly build your own campus-specific courses and policies in our system and assign them to employees and students, too. Everything is tracked automatically. Implementation is fast and easy and your system can be set up in just a few hours. Safety training and compliance management have never been easier or more efficient.
For a demo of the SafeColleges Training System, contact us today at 1-800-434-0154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Spotlight: Fairmont State University, WV
Fairmont State University, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, West Virginia, is part of the state’s growing high technology corridor. With a long history of academic excellence, FSU is a place where teaching and learning matters and students are the first priority. The university is home to more than 4,200 students and 300 staff members.
Before adopting the SafeColleges Online Training System, FSU hosted in-person training twice a year at two different locations, but achieving 100 percent attendance and tracking uncompleted and completed training proved difficult and time consuming. And, switching to a Title IX online training provider only proved to be equally time consuming and offered limited training options. Administrators knew they needed to find a training solution that would be more efficient, cost-effective and convenient for staff and students.
Now in its second year using the SafeColleges Training System, FSU administers its mandatory Title IX training to a large group of employees and students quickly and easily. Supervisors can also assign job-specific training to each department as needed throughout the academic year.
Cynthia Curry, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources & Campus/Community Relations, likes how easy it is to assign and track mandatory training for both staff and students.
“Our staff and students love that SafeColleges Training courses are concise and to-the-point. The system is user-friendly and intuitive, and the compliance reports are just what we need. Plus, the customer service is exceptional, making set up and implementation a breeze!”
Staff and students can complete assigned courses online, 24/7, from any web-enabled device, making it easy for training to fit into their busy schedules. And, FSU can easily pull compliance reports to see who has taken mandatory courses and remind those still needing to complete the training. In fact, using the training system, FSU has already reached 75 percent compliance!
Now FSU better manages compliance and saves valuable time. We applaud Cynthia and the staff and students at FSU for their success with SafeColleges Training and for their commitment to creating a safer learning environment and campus community.
To get started with SafeColleges Training, contact us today at 1-800-434-0154, email@example.com. We look forward to helping you with your safety training needs!
Summer Youth Programs
Does your college or university host summer youth programs? Since these kids will be on your campus, your college is still liable for them. How can you best protect these kids so that they get the most out of your summer programs? Campus Safety Magazine has five strategies your college or university can adopt to help ensure the safety and security of the youth that visit your campus.
- Understand all the ways youth may be involved on your campus. From campus visits to sports programs, this will help with the development, or improvement, of policies.
- Supervising minors is different than supervising 18+ year olds, so make sure your pre-screening process for employees is appropriate to that age group. Criminal background checks, interviews, and employment reference checks are all good ways to vet individuals working with minors.
- Provide continuous training to program staff and coordinators.
- Make sure you have enough staff on hand for adequate supervision. Keep in mind that each program may require different staff-to-participant ratios.
- Having youth program policies and processes in place isn’t the only thing that needs to be done. Colleges and universities must also evaluate the effectiveness of those policies and processes to help identify and address areas of concern.
These strategies can help mitigate the risk of youth on your campus as well as help ensure the program goes well for all involved.
The SafeColleges Online Training System’s Custom Course Creator Tool can help your college or university with summer youth program policies. The new Custom Course Creator Tool allows administrators to create their own campus-specific courses in our system. Administrators can upload their own content, including PDFs, PowerPoints and videos. For example, you could begin your custom course with a YouTube video, include a campus policy, such as your Youth Programs policy, and end the course with a quiz to check retention. And, best of all, every course completion, including your custom courses, is conveniently tracked in our system.
To get started with SafeColleges Training today, contact us at 1-800-434-0154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Safety News