Sexual exploitation was not included in most campus sexual misconduct policies until recently, if at all. Much of the commentary on the topic is based in victim-blaming for the new age: “why did you put yourself in that position?” is the updated “what were you wearing?” In a continually evolving landscape of social media platforms, apps, video and photo sharing services, surveillance technology, and more, how can outreach efforts best target effective risk reduction, primary prevention, and changing social norms? How will pending Title IX regulations impact on technology-facilitated sexual violence?
In this webinar, you’ll learn the following:
- Provide an explanation of what constitutes digital abuse.
- Identify the similarities and differences between digital abuse and other forms of sexual violence.
- Inform on how to stay current on technologies related to digital abuse.
- Advise on how prevention education can encompass digital abuse.
- Discuss the pending Title IX regulations and their impact on digital abuse.
Vice President, Association Management TNG Consulting
Michelle Issadore, M.Ed. is the Vice President, Association Management for TNG Consulting, a SafeColleges Training Author, the former Senior Associate Executive Director for the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA), and the former Executive Director of the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators (SCOPE). Michelle spent five years as Assistant Director of the Women’s Center at Lehigh University where she coordinated sexual violence prevention and response, including annual and ongoing trainings and programming for faculty, staff, and students.